Tuesday, July 4, 2017

PTSD

6/20/2017 at 6:30 in the morning I was rear-ended, and not in a good way, at a red light. The guy was going full speed, about 45 or 50 miles per hour. The ground was wet and I heard his tires screeching look forward and grab my steering wheel and just waited for impact hoping that it wasn't going to happen. It happened with such force that my car was pushed into the intersection 10ft and his skid marks were 20 ft long so I guesstimate that he hit me going about 25 miles an hour. I felt the pain come shooting through my skull and neck.

So I turned on my hazards, turned off my car, got out of my car, looked at the damage, yelled "fuck" went up to him, he was still in his car, and said "are you okay?" with the most sincerity that I could possibly muster because I was actually hoping he was okay. He said he was fine he looked at my car and he says "your car is fine" I'm like "my car is not fine your car is not fine look at our bumpers."

So I go back into my car and grab my phone and call nine-one-one. Since we are blocking the intersection nine-one-one told us to move our cars off the street and we do and now we're waiting on the police to show up. When they do show up all the sudden this man who was speaking perfect English to me now all the sudden there's no English and neither does his passenger. No problem for Apex's finest, he called for an interpreter. I gave the police officer my license registration and insurance information right off the bat because I have nothing to hide and I did nothing wrong and the driver of the car gave him a Mexican ID. And I was like "great the guy is from out of the country and has no insurance I'm going to be screwed." Since it is started sprinkling the officers let everybody stay in their cars while they did their business. The officer finally comes to my car to give me the police report saying that is obviously in the other guy's fault because duh, I noticed Insurance written under his name. So I asked the cop about it. He says they're in a work vehicle so the work truck has got insurance while they don't so the work truck has to pay for all damages. I tell the officer that I'm injured in my neck and that I'm going to be going to the doctor once they are open and to make note of it. He sends me on my way.

I get to the doctor that day my doctor was not available so I had another doctor which is okay and she says I have whiplash and orders physical therapy and gives me two prescriptions. Physical therapy is a godsend. I feel so relaxed and in no pain after I leave there it is amazing. I'm keeping up with all the exercises they give me to do at home and my neck went from a pain level of four to or one or two, my headache is gone completely, but the back pain is now 6.

I've not been sleeping since the wreck. I can fall asleep just fine, but I wake up every 45 minutes to an hour startled up from bad dreams of being in wrecks pr having to have my feet on the floor to feel grounded or God knows why I just wake up and it's driving me nuts. I also feel extremely nervous in cars. I keep seeing wrecks happening when they're not happening. I feel like a basket case. Every time I have to slow down for a red light I think someone is going to hit me again. So I went back to the doctor and this time I did get my Dr and he put me on ativan again but a very low dose to take at night to help me sleep. He diagnosed me with PTSD. That was now 7 or 8 days ago and I'm still not sleeping. So yesterday I went back to the doctor and again my doctor was not there so I got a different doctor and she prescribed me a medicine that is old school and doesn't have any interactions with other things I'm on and it should keep me out all night. But the pharmacy had to order it and I won't get it until Wednesday it makes me really sad and angry because what am I supposed to do between now and then? I haven't slept in over 2 weeks now. I can't do this much longer. Omgosh. PTSD sucks.

If this doesn't work I'm going back to see my doctor Thursday or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment