Monday, July 10, 2017

Today can suck it

Still not sleeping, I have been up since 2 something.  Driving down 540 this morning this noise is coming from the driver's side of the engine and/or wheel or my car.  It sounds like metal scraping against metal. It suddenly stops right before I hit #1.  I get to work before 6:45am, actually get a spot on the black top, and walk in.  The mechanic doesn't open until 8:30am.  I have no work do at all, so I futz around on the internet and text Justin a lot to pass the time.

8:30 rolls around and I call the mechanic.  Yet again, he is stumped by my description.  He wants me to bring in the car, but doesn't want me to drive it and make it any worse.  I explain I am Sanford, which is about 40 miles away.  He asks if I know of anywhere in Sanford I could take it to, I don't.  So I decide so get the car towed back to Cary, and rent a car for a few days, again.  I get on the Geico app because I have roadside assistance.  They only cover 20 miles, and it will be $5 per mile after that.  Whatever.  Just get my car to my mechanic so he can fix my damn car.

The tow truck gets to work and I navigate him to where I am parked.  Meanwhile the security guard gets to him before I do and asks him why he is there.  Apparently tow trucks are not allowed on the premises AT ALL, and I should have warned security.  I apologize, stating I didn't know this was a rule.  He says it isn't a rule.  Whatever.  Just let the damn guy get to my damn car already.

I deal with the tow truck, and the extra $5 per mile bullshit (OK, I can't complain too much, my insurance is very inexpensive)  and head back into work.  One of the security guards stops me so she can write down the tow truck information in the log book, and I kind of lose it.

I am so stressed out. I am so sick of all this bad shit happening to me. Tomorrow will be three weeks of bad juju.  I explain all this to Tammy, the security guard, who is super nice, and she gives me a hug and some tissues, and talks to me to get me to calm down. I explain to her that I got in the car wreck, got injured, and haven't slept since the 20th of June, and everything is getting to me. She suggested I smudge my apartment.  I am taking her advice and smudging the apartment and my car.

I made so many phone calls today, it is a wonder I got anything else done today at all.  I called to get a rental for a few days (I called them twice), the mechanic several times, I called a lawyer because Allstate has yet to return my call from last week and I am over doing anything by myself.  I spoke with geico several times, the tow truck people, the lawyer a few times, the Apex police twice, I called my dad.  My doctor called me to change my appointment, which then double booked me, so I then had to call my PT and change that appointment.  I then had to call PT back and cancel tomorrow's appointment because I just don't have the time to do it.  Then PT called me back to see how I was doing and if I could squeeze a session in.  Then dad texted me and asked me over for dinner.  At least I didn't have to think about dinner anymore this evening.

I am being pulled in too many directions. I just want it all to stop.  LIKE STOP. NOW. No wonder I'm not sleeping.  I don't have any time to do anything.

Moving on, I left work early because the lawyer needed a copy of the police report and the Apex PD is only open 9-5 Monday through Friday, and I had to have Mike take me to get a car first. Getting a car took forever in Sanford.  When I got a car in Cary on Thursday I was in and out in 5 minutes.  In Sanford it took like 30 minutes. I didn't think I would make it to the police station in time.  But luckily I did.  I then went and had a lovely dinner with my parents where my Dad and lovely surprise waiting for me.  Not going to ruin the surprise for the rest of the family who may read this.  My lips are sealed.

And now I sit here, in pain and trying to relax, sipping on a cocktail in the silence, waiting for the stress and pain to melt away.

Today can suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment