Thursday, July 6, 2017

And the hits, they keep coming

I was driving to my first PTSD counseling appointment this morning and I tried to turn the corner and the power steering went out in my car, I missed the real turn, ended up driving down the wrong side of the road, turned into the parking lot of my counselor and the car just stops. I then realize it is no longer running. I turn the key, nothing happens. I freak out. I am blocking the entrance to the parking lot. I turn on my hazards and call my parents, frantic and crying. I text my counselor to reschedule, but she comes out to calm me down instead, having our session outside at my broken car instead. Meanwhile, a good samaritan saw me crying at my car and helped me move the car into a spot so I wasn't blocking the right of way. Dad shows up and tries to start the car, it turns over, but won't idle, and I start smelling burned stuff.

So we hop in his car and drive to three different mechanics before we find one that can take me today just to look at it. I tell them all it is a sign of a good economy if people are fixing their cars. We then get back to my car, call AAA and wait. I make several phone calls - work to let know that I might not be in, insurance to see if I am covered for a rental (I am not), the collision place I am taking my car to tomorrow to get an estimate on the damage from the accident to cancel my appointment, and Enterprise to get a rental for a few days.

Tow truck finally comes and they put poor Chloe up on the bed. At this point everyone we have talked to is stumped as to why she stalled out. They follow us to the mechanic and then I go get the rental. I am in a Jeep Patriot for a few days, and I like it. It rides really nice. I don't make it to work.

So the mechanic calls me and tells me what he found out. First thing he said is "you did tell me about the noise." There was no noise. So he explains everything to me, and I am expecting this outrageous bill with an engine rebuild, because it is me we are talking about and life had been throwing lemons at me lately. Chloe needs a new water pump, a new water pump pulley, and a new drive belt. Damage is less than seven bills. She will be ready tomorrow by the time I done with PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment