Friday, July 14, 2017

Insomnia

It has been 24 days since I last slept longer than 2 hours uninterrupted.  Last night as I was driving home from Clarise's house I fell asleep at the wheel long enough to swerve into the rumble strips on 40.  I had the AC on high and  the window down all the way after that wake up call.  That rumble strip could have been another car. .

It is not safe for me to drive.  If my body is so damned tired it is falling asleep at the wheel, why won't it stay asleep in the bed?

I called the doctor yesterday afternoon to see if I could get in today (Friday) or Monday, but they said my doctor "is booked until August, will that be OK?"  No, I need him now.  I already have an appointment on the 25th of July, I need one sooner. "Call back tomorrow at 8am and we can try to fit you in as a same day sick appointment."  Does this make sense?

And the pain I am feeling.... It goes from my neck to my tail bone.  PT helps, a lot, while I am there, and for the night after, but then it comes searing back.  I only lasted from 6:30am to 1pm yesterday at work until I had to leave until the pain was so bad. Not to mention I was passing out for seconds at my desk.  I'm a mess.  I really hope the doctor can fix me this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment